Schemes and Programmes
(1) Kerala Agriculture Workers Welfare Pension
This is one of the major Welfare Scheme implemented by Government of Kerala since 1980. The very intension of the Scheme is to give pension to the labourers in Agricultural field who attained the age of 60 and worked as agricultural labourer and hold the membership in Kerala Agricultural Workers Welfare Fund Board. The amount of pension is `400/-
(2) Kerala Tree Climbers Welfare Scheme
The Scheme started w.e.f 1/4/1979. The Scheme envisages payment of ex-gratia financial assistance to workers in the event of permanent total disablement (`25000)or to the dependants of the workers in the case of death(`50000).
(3) Ex-gratia/festival allowance to the workers of closed down cashew factories
A Scheme for giving ex-gratia/festival allowance to the workers of closed down cashew factories as festival allowance during Onam Season.
(4) Estate Workers (Distress Relief) Welfare Fund Scheme
A Scheme for giving distress relief to the estate workers
(5) Daily Waged Employees Distress Relief Fund Scheme
Introduced during 2007-08, the Scheme is for providing help to the unorganized daily waged workers.
(6) Kerala Unorganized Retired Workers Pension Fund Scheme
This Scheme came into force w.e.f 1/8/2008. This Scheme is applicable to unorganized workers including Nilathezhuthu Asan/Asatty who attained the age of 60 as on the date of implementation of the Scheme and those workers covered under the definition of workers in the artisans skilled workers welfare scheme 1991 for giving pension on attaining the age of 60, but does not include anyone who receive any pension either from Government in the form is Welfare Pension or from Statutory Board made for the welfare of workers. The amount of pension is `400/-
(7) Rashtriya Swasthya Bhima Yojana and Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme.
RSBY is one of the Welfare Scheme formulated by the Government of India under the unorganized Workers Security Act, 2008 to provide quality medical services to those in the BPL list through hospitals in Government and private sector.
State Government has formulated the Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme (CHIS) on the same line of RSBY to benefit ten lakhs poor families and also the APL. RSBY and CHIS is being implemented in all the 14 districts in the State. The Scheme was started on 2/10/2008. A separate agency, namely Comprehensive Health Insurance Agency, Kerala (CHIAK) was formulated for implementation of RSBY and CHIS.
(8) Aam Admi Bhima Yojana (AABY)
Aam Admi Bhima Yogana is a centrally sponsored Scheme formulate with the participation of State and Central Governments for ensuring social security of rural landless households in the country. The Scheme came into force in Kerala on 29/10/2008. The Scheme is being implemented through the LIC of India. In Kerala the Scheme extends to the BPL families having land not exceeding 5 cents and having no members in the family with permanent employment in organized sector. The Scheme provides Insurance Benefits besides scholarship to two school children studying between IX to XII standard from a family.
The following are the benefits extended by the Scheme.
(a) Benefit offered upon natural death of a member-30,000/-
(b) On the death due to accident-75,000/-
(c) Permanent total disability due to accident-75,000/-
(d) Loss of two eyes or limbs due to accident-75,000/-
(e) Loss of one eye or one limb due to accident-37,000/-
Scholarship100/- per month will be given to maximum two children studying between 9th and 12th standard from a family.
Welfare Fund Boards were formed by the Government of Kerala for the effective implementation of various welfare schemes. Numerous reforms and welfare schemes that are instituted for the employees are successfully implemented by these welfare funds boards. The list of Welfare Fund Boards are given below:-
- Kerala Abkari Workers' Welfare Fund Board, Thiruvananthapuram -36
- Kerala Agricultural Workers' Welfare Fund Board, Thrissur-4
- Kerala Artisans and Skilled Workers Welfare Scheme, Thiruvananthapuram-1
- Kerala Beedi & Cigar Workers Welfare Fund Board, Kannur
- Kerala Building & Other Construction Workers' Welfare Board, Thiruvananthapuram-14.
- Kerala Cashew Worker's Relief & Welfare Fund Board, Kollam
- Kerala Handloom Workers' Welfare Fund Board, Kannur
- Kerala Headload Workers' Welfare Fund Board, Ernakulam
- Kerala Labour Welfare Fund Board, Thiruvananthapuram-1
- Kerala Motor Transport Workers' Welfare Fund Board, Kollam
- Kerala Shops & Commercial Establishments Workers Welfare Fund Board, Thiruvananthapuram -35
- Kerala Tailoring Workers' Welfare Fund Board, Thiruvananthapuram-4
- Kerala Toddy Workers' Welfare Fund Board, Thiruvananthapuram-11
- Kerala Beedi & Cigar Workers Welfare Fund Board Kozhikode
- Kerala Eetta, Kattuvally And Pandanus Leaf Workers' Welfare Fund Ernakulam
- Kerala Small Plantation Workers' Welfare Fund Board, Kottayam
- Kerala Jewellery Workers' Welfare Fund Board, Thiruvananthapuram-01